Do you dream of spending your days outside with lovable dogs while getting paid? Are you looking for some part-time work to supplement your existing income? Do you have flexibility in the middle of your day? Are you physically able to walk up to 5 miles per day? If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you may be a great fit for The Waggly Tail!
The Waggly Tail is excited to announce that we are hiring! The Waggly Tail is a professional dog walking and pet sitting company that provides exceptional service to our loved clients in the Bellevue and Mercer Island areas. We focus on providing personalized service for dogs and cats while keeping owners up to date on all of the fun we're having with their pets! We are looking for a reliable, responsible, detail oriented, organized, compassionate, and smart individual to provide excellent dog walking service on a part time basis with some weekend and holiday work.
Why work for The Waggly Tail?
- Supplement your income while enjoying the company of some great pups!
- Live a healthier lifestyle and get exercise while enjoying the outdoors!
- No need to worry about managing a dozen dogs at a time! We only do solo walks (only dog(s) from one household are walked at a time)
- Most of our client's dogs are small to medium sized
- Our services don't require you to transport dogs in your own personal car (except in cases of emergency)
- You'll receive premium pay for holiday work
- Our online software keeps you informed and your schedule up to date so you never have to guess what your schedule is
- Opportunities are available to increase hours with experience and company growth (expected starting schedule is 5-10 hours/week)
- Many opportunities to grow with a great, local company and learn the inner workings of a small pet care business
- You will be an employee of The Waggly Tail and will be personally trained so you never need to guess what is expected of you!
- Catch up on your favorite podcasts and audiobooks while driving in between visits!
- Have fun and enjoy unconditional love from some of Bellevue's best pups!
- Must have a genuine love for animals, concern for their health, happiness, and wellbeing
- Must have experience working with animals (professional, personal, or volunteer work)
- Must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be great with people (customer service experience is a plus!)
- Must have a reliable car with valid WA driver's license, an excellent driving record, and current auto insurance (proof required)
- Must have smart camera phone with sufficient data plan
- Must have daily access to internet with the ability to check and respond to emails periodically throughout the day
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule but typically Monday - Fridays between 10 am and 3 pm (work outside these hours may be required including holidays and weekends)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be a self starter who can follow detailed instructions, yet work independently
- Must enjoy working outdoors, rain or shine!
- Must be reliable, responsible, and punctual at all times
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
Ideal candidate will have a passion for working in the pet care industry to supplement their existing income, have flexibility in their days to accommodate a varied schedule, be willing to make a commitment of at least 12 months (but hopefully longer), and live in the Bellevue or Mercer Island areas. Position pays $12 per hour and work will average 5 to 10 hours per week to start with opportunities to work more as you gain experience.
If this sounds like your dream job, please email me and include your resume and a cover letter with the subject line "I love dogs!". In your cover letter please include your full name, home address, phone number, email address, why you think you would be a good fit, what experience you have with animals (personal, professional, or volunteer), and if you have any customer service experience. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and I will contact the best candidates as soon as I can to set up an in-person interview.
I look forward to hearing from you and Have a Waggly Tail Day!